You are ready to make the leap from borrowing your mother's sewing machine and purchasing one of your own. What do you need to know before making the purchase?
1. Read lots of reviews on sewing machines. These will tell you about consumers' real life experiences with different machines.
2. Consider your budget. Prices range greatly so have a limit set in your mind before you pull out your credit card.
3. Decide how you will most likely be using the sewing machine. Will it be used mainly for repairs and alterations, or will you be using it for heavy-duty materials?
4. How much space do you have available for your sewing machine?
5. Are you comfortable with a machine that incorporates lots of technology or would you find it easier to use a more mechanical model?
6. Do you want a portable model, or are you looking for something that will stay in a permanent place?
When you narrow down your selection to a few brands and models based on sewing machine reviews, these questions should help you make your final selection on which sewing machine is right for you and you will be ready to purchase a sewing machine for your home. Making an informed buying decision is very important.