A mobility limitation is a common functional incapacity faced by many people. For them, being able to enter or exit buildings or get in and out of vehicles is very difficult. That’s why accessibility equipment companies design wheelchair ramps to ensure better access to buildings and transportation. Pushchair ramps are available in aluminum, steel, wood, rubber, and more.
Here are some advantages of wheelchair ramps:
- Freedom of movement is the biggest problem that people with physical impairments face. The most significant advantage of using the ramps is it promotes independent living.
- They are useful both at home and in public places. Elders and people with limited mobility, like others, can freely visit theatres, malls, offices, etc.
- A wheelchair user can access the bathroom easily. Thus, it promotes both bathroom safety and independence.
- You can use them for other tasks too. For example, transporting furniture, groceries, etc. into the house.
- It reduces the risk of injury while stepping out of the house when in a wheelchair.
These wheelchair ramps are widely popular everywhere to improve accessibility. They are easy to install, and you can use them dynamically to transport a wheelchair to home, office, mall, church, park, car, and hotels. These ramps provide easy access to disable people.